6:43 PM

My Log Becomes a New Blog!

I've been keeping a reading log for about 4 years now.  I've decided it might finally be time to start keeping track of my reading electronically.  It's faster and in the very possible case my computer crashes like it did oh-so-recently, I will not have to scurry about trying to remember all the books I'd read from the start of the year.

I have challenged myself to read 50 books in 2009.  I tried this in 2007 and 2008, but did not reach my goal.  I was way ahead of schedule this year until July when I started packing up my life to move across country.  Life was just too hectic to get passionate with a novel at that time.  Now I've got to pick up the slack if I want to meet my goal this year! 

Since this is a new blog, but I have been keeping a handwritten log for some time, I will condense my reading history to a mere list of titles and authors of all the books I've read up to this point.  Each year will be a separate post, mainly because I hate the feeling of a barren new blog.  Hopefully this will fill it up a little bit. :)

Previously Read:  (There are no dates because these were read before I started religiously keeping my log.)

  • THE GRAPES OF WRATH by John Steinbeck
  • JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte
  • THE MAYOR OF CASTERBRIDGE by Thomas Hardy
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee
  • SHE'S COME UNDONE by Wally Lamb
  • BRAVE NEW WORLD by Aldous Huxley
  • THE COMING OF JAN by Marian Erdman
  • FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • INTENSITY by Dean Koontz
  • JEMIMA J. by Jane Green
  • HARRY POTTER & THE SORCERER'S STONE by J.K. Rowling
  • HARRY POTTER & THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS by J.K. Rowling
  • HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K. Rowling
  • THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER by Carson McCullers
  • THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER by Mark Twain

0 comments: